Monday, March 14, 2011

Motivational Monday: 'Today and Time"

Today and Time (author unknown)
TODAY is here. I will start with a smile and resolve to be agreeable. I will not criticize. I refuse to waste my valuable time.
TODAY in one thing I know I am equal with all others ..... TIME. All of us draw the same salary in seconds, minutes and hours. 

TODAY I will not waste my time because the minutes I wasted yesterday are as lost as a vanished thought. 
TODAY I refuse to spend time worrying about what might happen .... it usually doesn't. I am going to spend time making things happen. 
TODAY I am determined to study to improve myself, for tomorrow I may be wanted, and I must not be found lacking. 
TODAY I am determined to do the things that I should do. I firmly determine to stop doing the things I should not do.

TODAY I begin by doing and not wasting my time. In one week I will be miles beyond the person I am today. 
TODAY I will not imagine what I would do if things were different. They are not different.  I will make success with what material I have. 
TODAY I will stop saying, "If I had time...." I know I never will "find time" for anything. If I want time, I must make it. 
TODAY I will act toward other people as though this might be my last day on earth. I will not wait for tomorrow. Tomorrow never comes.

************************************************

God has given me this day
to use as I will,
I can waste it or use it for good.
What I do this day is very important,
because I'm exchanging it 
for a day of my life.
When tomorrow comes, 
this day will be gone forever, leaving
something in its place I have
traded it for, I want it
to be gain not loss; good not evil;
success not failure: in order that
it shall be worth the price
I paid for it. 
(author unknown)
************************************************

“All about us there are many who are in need of help and who are deserving of rescue. Our mission in life, as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ, must be a mission of saving. There are the homeless, the hungry, the destitute.” President Gordon B. Hinckley, “Our Mission of Saving,” Ensign, Nov. 1991, 59

 To make a donation to worldwide relief efforts, go to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Humanitarian Services Emergency Response donation form.”

1 comment:

Pitterle Postings said...

Love it Sondra. This is a totally thoughtful post and so true.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin