Monday, March 28, 2011

Motivational Monday: "I'm a Young Woman and I Believe"

Over the weekend I was able to watch the Young Women's conference. I love conference and can't wait for this coming weekend when we get to listen to our Prophet and Apostles! It is my favorite time of the year. I am always uplifted and thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I know the peace, comfort, happiness in my life comes from living the gospel and following the prophet.

It's easy to get discouraged in the wickedness around us on this earth. But I have hope for the future. I have hope in the youth. I have hope that through the gospel of Jesus Christ we can do all things.

This was the message from my niece Autumn on her facebook page (I couldn't have said it better): My favorite thing said yesterday at the young womans conference was "I am just one young woman, but there are thousands of us all over the world making a difference one day at a time" What a great and comforting thought to have. To know that there are so many of us who are making a difference and that you are a part of something bigger than yourself.
The 2011 LDS Mutual theme is:

"We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. Indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul: we believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things."(Article of Faith 13)

As we look forward to Conference on April 2nd and 3rd, let's prepare ourselves to make this General Conference Memorable. I found a great Visiting Teaching handbook at this link:  I am going to use this for my self as I prepare and enjoy General Conference:

This week as I prepare for General Conference, I will:

Before:
Start thinking now about questions or concerns you have. Write them down, and pray that you  will find solutions and guidance during conference and pray for those who are assigned to speak.

Do those things which invite the Spirit into your life so that you will have a better understanding of what will be taught.

Have a willing heart, ready to obey the words of the prophets.

During:
Attend or view all the sessions.

Listen carefully - not just to the speakers, but also to prayers and songs.

Keep notes, including any inspiration you might receive.

Listen earnestly for answers to the questions you have.

Between conference sessions, participate in activities that will invite the spirit.

My niece Zoey Michelle always makes General Conference special for her family and children. Here are the things she does at this link: 

4 comments:

JR said...

Your blog is interesting, has left a great impression.
Best wishes
Jonas

Rhonda said...

It was a great YW Conference. We went to the Stake Center and watched it. I am so excited to have Sat. off and be able to watch Conference. I will have to record Sundays though and watch it after work. Hope all is well with you. Miss you.

Pitterle Postings said...

Every since I started keeping notes on the things that are most important to me, I have found conference to be much more personal and wonderful. I always take notes now, in conference and even in Sacrament meeting. It is amazing what you can learn when you look for God's presence all around you.

Valerie said...

I'm soooo looking forward to conference. I have been choosing a question or topic that I'd like to learn about for years now and have had it answered in one way or another each time. I can't wait for the spirit to wash all over me and my family.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin