Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Primary 3 Lesson 11 Handouts

Primary 3 Book
Lesson 11 on Baptism


Journal Handouts. 



 Primary 3 manual suggests that we give lesson 11 as the first lesson of the year for CTR7. Our Stake/ward always teach lesson 11 and 12 as the first 2 lessons of the year. 

This is what it says:
If you have seven-year-olds in your class, some of them will be baptized during the year. As their Primary teacher, you can support the children's families and help class members prepare for their baptisms. Consider the following suggestions to help you do this:
1. If possible, teach some of the lessons on baptism 11, 13, 21, 32 and 33) before the first child in your class is baptized.

2. Take a few minutes of class time on the Sunday before each child's baptism to discuss the importance of this ordinance.

3. If possible, attend each child's baptism with a member of the Primary presidency and any class members who can help. 


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I teach the CTR 7 class too. Thank you for these great resources. I am so glad that I found a link to your blog on Sugardoodle. I can't wait to spend some more time here. What a fun blog!

Kristin in Missouri

Anonymous said...

What a nice collection of handouts! I am making a little coloring book for my CTR 5s. Thanks for the help!

Jeana in California

Shauna said...

Thanks for compiling this blog post together. It is really going to help with my lesson for my primary class. Wonderful blog. I look forward to looking through more of your posts.
Take care,

Shauna
http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

Jay said...

Any chance you will do things from the Primary 5 manual? I just got shuffled to Sr Primary after three years of teaching CTR4s. I never used the Journal Pages but have always loved their concept and your execution of them! Now I'll be teaching kids that can read and write. Crazy!!

Sondra said...

Jay, I'll work on Primary 5 manual journal post and handouts. I'll try to get the first lesson done this week. Good luck with your new class.

Jay said...

Thanks so much for all your work here! I really appreciate it, and consider your site a valuable teaching resource. And I'll be praying a LOT about my new class, I've been in Jr Primary for so long I'll need all the inspiration and help I can get! :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin