Sunday, November 7, 2010

Baptisms

Yesterday I was able to attend the baptism of this sweet girl, who is in my Primary class. This was the invitation she proudly brought to my door, inviting me to her baptism. I loved the invitation, her dad took the pictures and they put it together. The pictures were take outside the Boise LDS Temple and she was in her white baptismal dress - so cute!

It was a wonderful baptism. I also had 2 twin boys from my class that were baptised at another ward at the same time, unfortunately I couldn't attend both, but was there in spirit.

It's been a fun year watching as these beautiful boys and girls make covenants with Heavenly Father and choose to be baptised and become members of this true church.

It is a wonderful experience and one I still remember from when I was 8 years old. My father baptised me. I remember that I had to wait an extra month to get baptised because my dad had to work. I was baptised with 2 boys from my Primary class. I remember how clean and pure and sinless I felt when I came out of the water. One of the boys, Scott Price yelled "Hay, that was neat I want to do it again" and everyone laughed.

The next day I was wearing my new dress, my hair in ringlets I received the Holy Ghost. I remember how heavy those hands on my head seemed. It was a wonderful experience and I felt the Holy Ghost. Afterwards,  I got up and bore my testimony. I felt very special and it felt like everyone was listening to me and feeling the spirit from me.

It is a special day I will never forget and it was 40 years ago. I am thankful for my membership in the Lord's church upon the earth today. I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost that leads me to make correct choices daily and keeps me safe.  I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ who showed by example the need to be baptized, even though he was perfect, he showed that we needed this special ordinance to live with him again.

Just as the heavens opened and Heavenly Father spoke, "This is my beloved Son, whom I am well pleased with". I know he feels the same way when we are baptised and follow our Savior Jesus Christ.

I love teaching these children and helping prepare them for their special day. I love attending their baptisms and seeing the spirit radiate through their sweet faces. It is one of the best parts of serving in the Primary!

4 comments:

Zoey said...

I am so glad that you are the 8 year old teacher! The children are VERY lucky!

Rhonda said...

I agree with Zoey these children are blessed to have you as their teacher as they enter into these special covenants

Valerie said...

That is a beautiful invitation! And I loved reading your memories of your baptism.

Thanks for your comment on my blog post. I can imagine how you feel with Brady leaving home pretty soon. My youngest is going to turn 8 next month. I'm already wondering what I'm going to do in 10 years when I have no chidren at home with me when they have been my joy and purpose in life. I know there is so much for us to do as women and our Heavenly Father will guide us to those things that he needs us to do that only we can do. You are so special and a sweet spirit. I'm sure that you have an amazing mission here on this earth that maybe you aren't even aware of yet. We'll just have to stay close enough to the Spirit to know what the next step is. :) Thanks for your support and lift!

Unknown said...

Hey Sondra! This us Lucy. A friend here in Utah came across your blog & thought this picture looked like my daughter! Brought back fun memories...so glad you were her teacher. What a beautiful testimony you shared! Thank you

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin