Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Change of Plans for Thankgiving

In Idaho, we have been experiencing snow storms, blizzards, cold temperatures and wind. I knew the weather was going to be pretty bad for the drive from Meridian into Pocatello Idaho. A week ago I called my Mom and told her I didn't feel like I should go and that I shouldn't send Brady. She talked me into still coming. I also spoke to Brady and he still wanted to go. I told him I could get him a round trip airplane ticket, but he got sad that I wasn't going to be there with him. I decided that I would go anyway. I've had major anxiety attacks all week - then the storm came in and my anxiety only increased.

I watched the news reports on the weather and the roads and finally made the decision to stay home and get an airplane ticket for Brady to return home.

Below is a map of the road conditions in Idaho today.
_____Driving Conditions Good

_____Driving Conditions Fair

____Driving Conditions Difficult 

 Closures/Blockages
There have been lots and lots of slide offs and major accidents.  
Tuesday afternoon when I finally made the decision to stay home, I had a calm, peaceful feeling come over me. The first time I felt calm in over a week. I know the right thing for me to do is stay home.

I will be making Thanksgiving Dinner here. Brady flies in Friday afternoon and Jason and Sharon are off work. We will have a nice feast and enjoy the day together on Friday. That gives me Thursday to make pies and other goodies, plus a little more time to thaw out a turkey.

I am really sad that I won't be seeing my family and helping my mother make dinner. It is nice to know that I am the glue that holds the family together or as they say "the life of the party" and that I will be missed. I always love being with my brothers and sisters, nieces and nephews, and great nieces and nephews. We always have a great time together. Plus, they love my homemade dinner rolls. This year Mom will have to make the rolls - she can do it!

Although plans have changes, it will be a nice Thanksgiving holiday with my children here and good food. We have been very blessed this year and I have a lot to be thankful for.

I'm especially thankful that I have the gift of the Holy Ghost and know that a calm peaceful feeling is a prompting from the Holy Ghost. I just need to recognize it earlier. I am safe and not out on those dangerous roads. I'd rather be safe then sorry.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your families - especially my Family. I love you all!

4 comments:

Zoey said...

I will miss you, but man, don't the roads look terrible?!?!

Connie said...

At least you won't be dealing with the snowy, blocked roads! Have a Happy Thanksgiving, what ever day you celebrate it!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Yes, the roads have been horrid! Good decision to stay at home.

I am in the ER all day on Thanksgiving so our family will be celebrating on Friday as well. But I won't be making delicious homemade rolls...I'm a total failure in that department, uh, and I ordered two pies from Frontier Pies...not great in that one either.

Hope you have a fabulous day tomorrow doing your food preps!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Pitterle Postings said...

I think we need to learn to trust that inner voice. I know that I am so happy when I do. Sometimes, we are lucky enough to see why, and sometimes we don't know why we feel that way, we only know it is right. I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, memorable day at home! Happy Thanksgiving.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin