Friday, October 22, 2010

Telemarketers, DON"T CALL ME! I will report you!

The telephone rings, I stop what I'm doing and run to get the phone before it stops ringing. This is what happens more often then not, because I don't walk around holding a phone. When I answer the phone, I get really annoyed when it is a telemarketer call.

ESPECIALLY BECAUSE I AM A MEMBER OF THE NO CALL LIST.

Lately it seems like everyone is calling for money AND they are not legitimate. It's all a scam. Don't give money over the telephone - EVER!

I've gotten so tired of the many phone calls, that I have finally found a way to stop them. REALLY!

Since I DO belong to the no call list, I say: "Why are you calling me? I am on the no call list. You will be hearing from my lawyer and will be receiving a bill for $3000. Please stop calling me and take me off of your list." CLICK! I don't listen to them at all, I just say my speech when I figure out they are a telemarketer or scamming charity.

THEN I actually go to the website for the NO CALL LIST and file a complaint on every phone number that calls me that is spam or a telemarketer. If the person that is calling me is someone that I do business with "like a bank", I always ask to be taken off the call list. (No, I don't want another credit card, No I don't want insurance blah, blah blah)

This statement has a trickle down effect, because I am not receiving those pesky telephone calls anymore.
NO MORE ANOYING PHONE CALLS. YES!

Telephone numbers placed on the National Do Not Call Registry will remain on it permanently due to the Do-Not-Call Improvement Act of 2007, which became law in February 2008. Read more about it at http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2008/04/dncfyi.shtm.


Aaaaaaahhh the sweet sound of silence OR a friend on the other end of the line. SaWEET!

3 comments:

Valerie said...

This has been a huge annoyance to me lately! My favorite is when they claim to have never heard of the DNC list!!! I didn't know how to go about filing a complaint though, so thanks for that information~ I'm gonna be puttin' it to some good use.

Zoey said...

Oh, yes, I need to go to that list again.

CB said...

LOL - They never pronounce our name right so I just say no one by THAT name lives here - automatically off the list! We are on the no call list too though.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin