Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Monday, October 4, 2010

Motivational Monday - "Jesus Christ, Come unto Me"

“Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:” “For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.” Matthew 7:7,8
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” “Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.” “For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” Matthew 11:28-30
“Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.” Mark 9:23
(Picture above: "Perfect Love" by Del Parson)
“But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” Luke 18:16
“Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.” John 3:5
“If ye love me, keep my commandments.” John 14:15
“And ye shall offer for a sacrifice unto me a broken heart and a contrite spirit. And whoso cometh unto me with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, him will I baptize with fire and with the Holy Ghost,....” 3 Nephi 9:20

Bruce R. McConkie's Testimony, April 6, 1985
"As pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that He is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself, independent of any other person. I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now, that He is God's Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way.

God grant that all of us may walk in the light as God our Father is in the light so that, according to the promises, the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son will cleanse us from all sin. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
After a wonderful weekend of being spiritually fed by our holy Prophets and Apostles, I am spiritually renewed. I know that there is power in the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that Heavenly Father gives us many blessings when we chose to follow His Son, and that the only source of peace, hope, strength, and love is to follow Jesus Christ.

I know this is His true church on the earth today, The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormons). He wants us to come unto him. Our life is easier when we live by his principles. We must begin today, by doing the basic things that bring us closer to him.
  • Daily prayer / communication with our Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ
  • Daily reading the scriptures. There is power in the scriptures to withstand temptation and the evil forces around us.
  • Keep the commandments.
  • Attend our church meetings and attend the temple.
  • Teach our children about Christ. If we want them to withstand peer pressure and temptation, they need to be taught in the home.
  • Keep our homes a place where the spirit can dwell. Listen to good music, watch only good things on TV and computer. Our home should be peaceful where we can shut out the things of the world and turn to things of the spirit.
  • Follow the teaching of the Prophet.
  I am thankful for my Savior, Jesus Christ.

 

2 comments:

Connie said...

Such beautiful pictues of Christ. I love Bruce R. McConkie's testimony. It brings tears to my eyes every time I read or hear it. Sondra, thanks for bearing your testimony.

Caleb G said...

I want to inquire about the forbid them not picture of Jesus with the kids, I want to make kingdom t-shirts and I am curious if it would be possible to be able to use that in t-shirts or possibly get a license to. You can email me at calebgun@gmail.com because I can't find your contact info. Thanks!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin