Bruce R. McConkie's Testimony, April 6, 1985
"As pertaining to Jesus Christ, I testify that He is the Son of the Living God and was crucified for the sins of the world. He is our Lord, our God, and our King. This I know of myself, independent of any other person. I am one of His witnesses, and in a coming day I shall feel the nail marks in His hands and in His feet and shall wet His feet with my tears. But I shall not know any better then than I know now, that He is God's Almighty Son, that He is our Savior and Redeemer, and that salvation comes in and through His atoning blood and in no other way.
God grant that all of us may walk in the light as God our Father is in the light so that, according to the promises, the blood of Jesus Christ, His Son will cleanse us from all sin. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."
I know this is His true church on the earth today, The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (The Mormons). He wants us to come unto him. Our life is easier when we live by his principles. We must begin today, by doing the basic things that bring us closer to him.
- Daily prayer / communication with our Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ
- Daily reading the scriptures. There is power in the scriptures to withstand temptation and the evil forces around us.
- Keep the commandments.
- Attend our church meetings and attend the temple.
- Teach our children about Christ. If we want them to withstand peer pressure and temptation, they need to be taught in the home.
- Keep our homes a place where the spirit can dwell. Listen to good music, watch only good things on TV and computer. Our home should be peaceful where we can shut out the things of the world and turn to things of the spirit.
- Follow the teaching of the Prophet.