Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Recipe: Cherry Coffee Cake


I found a really yummy cake from Controlling my Chaos.com. You can find her fun recipe card for this cake here.

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix, divided
1 cup flour
1 package (2 - 1/4 tsp.) active dry yeast
2/3 cup warm water
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 21-oz can cherry pie filling
1/3 cup cold butter

Glaze: 
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon corn syrup
1-2 tablespoons water

Combine 1 1/2 cup dry cake mix, flour, yeast and water until smooth.

Stir in eggs until blended.

Transfer to a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.

Carefully spoon pie filling over the top.

Place remaining cake mix in a bowl and cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned.

Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over coffee cake. 

Yum! 

2 comments:

Zoey said...

Looks like one I'm going to have to try!

Valerie said...

Cake mix and yeast?? Interesting combination. It sure looks delish!!

Thanks for the link to the divorce post. It did teach me some things, although was a little discouraging for me. I have several friends who are divorced and they've talked about how hard it is for a long time, but I try to be optimistic. I don't want to hear that my ex won't be friendly to me and that the other single people are gonna gossip and back-bite. :( I know she was just sharing honest things and I need to know them. I hope I'll get to the point where I like being single like you do.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin