Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School Priesthood Blessing

School starts Monday, August 30th. The summer just flew by to quickly. I must be getting old or something - but time rushes by to quickly - LOL! It never goes by this fast when you are a kid.

Brady will start his Junior year...  I can't believe how fast the time ticks away...

Before school begins we call on our home teachers to give Brady a priesthood blessing for the school year. I didn't do this with Jason and always wonder if I did, would things have turned out better for him. I know that having a priesthood blessing has helped Brady immensely. I also know that reading the scriptures daily provide him with scripture power too -  extra armor to protect him throughout the day.

(We were sporadic about reading the scriptures during the summer. I always say we'll do better this summer - but we get soooo busy or our schedules don't meet - that it slips by and we don't read every day. I can always tell when we haven't been reading daily - things always seem a little tougher. We've been doing really great for about 3 weeks now - and it has been wonderful!! Don't forget to use "Scripture Power" every day by reading the scriptures!)
I'm very thankful to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I am thankful that the Priesthood power from Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth. I am thankful for Jesus' example of priesthood blessings for healing the sick, administering the ordinance in His church to return back to him, and father's blessings to provide us comfort and strength.
If I would have thought about it, I would have had Maurice (Brady's dad) give him a "back to school" blessing while he was here. But, I didn't even think about it.

Sunday, while Br. Newby and Br. Gale were here we asked them to give Brady a back to school blessing. It was wonderful. I am thankful that I have wonderful men who hold the priesthood visit me each month. I am thankful for their service to me and my family. It's nice to know I can call on them anytime and they will be here to help out. It is a true blessing in my life. I am thankful for the Priesthood!


They started a tradition that they (the parents) also received a Priesthood blessing at the beginning of each school year too. They go to their parents home and their Dad or Father-in-law gives the grow children (adults) a Priesthood blessing and tell their testimony to the family. I love this!!!!!

Next month I am asking for a Priesthood blessing too! I need it! These past couple of weeks in getting Brady to 2 cross country practises a day, working as fast as possible to drive him, school registration, driving him to his Link crew training session, driving him to young men's, school shopping, driving him to piano lessons, doing laundry, canning, cooking dinner, keeping up with the lawn - to name a few things... I am exhausted -- OK, beyond exhausted. I need a blessing :-D...

I'm glad I read that blog... I think sometimes we don't use the power of priesthood blessings for everyday things. We tend to use it only when major things happen. I need to use that power more often!

1 comment:

Zoey said...

Love it! Got to put that on our 'to do' list too!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin