Saturday, July 31, 2010

Movie Review - "Sorcerer's Apprentice"


Brady and I saw The Sorcerer's Apprentice. When we arrived in the theater there was only one other person there for the movie. Only 3 people in the whole theater. That should tell you how popular this show is.

It was OK, but not my favorite. I always judge a movie as "will I purchase this" or see it again. In this case, I won't.

It was entertaining, but I kind of got board.

I liked this review: "The action sequences between Cage and Molina aren't elevated as much as many would expect, due to the story centering around the kid's battle, not Balthazar's. This is another standard Disney formula wherein the kid is undeserving, unprepared, and uneducated in the ways of the Samurai but is thrust into the center of the fray, regardless. Those who would rail against this formula, obviously weren't there to see a Disney movie"

I guess I wasn't expecting a Disney movie :-D ....
The whole time I kept wondering if Jay Baruchel, the apprentice (Dave), was the son of Christian Slater because he has the exact same voice and it was bugging me. I know I'm weird - but I couldn't get used to this voice coming out of this body/face. It should have been coming out of cute Christian Slater. For me, it just didn't fit.

The Becky Barnes, apprentice's girlfriend (Teresa Palmer) looked a lot like a blonde Kristen Stewart .... and has about the same acting skills as Kristen.... which is none.

For kids, I thought the use of science was a motivator to get excited about what science can do. It's not magic, it is science. The possibilities of what you can achieve if you study and use science in your life.

Wait until it hits Redbox to watch this for a dollar.

3 comments:

Zoey said...

Okay - we will!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Thanks for the review. I'll put this one off until it comes out at Redbox.

Kristen said...

When I saw How To Train Your Dragon this summer with my kids, I was sure it was Christian Slater's voice, but then I saw the trailer for Sorcerer's Apprentice and realized that some young person had absconded with Slater's voice! It is really weird! Thanks for saving my the trouble of seeing this until it's a rental.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin