Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Fire in Jason's Condo Complex

Sunday I sat down to watch the news. It was quiet after Brady, and Zoey Michelle's family left - leaving me all alone. As I was watching the news I saw a story about a fire in an apartment building. It looked an awful lot like Jason's condo he's living in.

I started to really look and listen to see what the address was. I quickly pressed record on the DVR - rewound it and watched it again. I quickly called the fire department to ask what the address was for the fire. The confirmed it was Jason's street address but said the fire was not at his address.

I was panicking because Jason and Sharon left out of town Saturday for a week. I decided to drive down and check it out.
The fire happened a couple of condos down from theirs. I don't have a key, but I think they will be OK - maybe a little smoke damage... I called them when I returned home and let them know what happened.
Here is the news story and pcitures are from KTVB.com: Investigators now believe the fire that destroyed two cars and damaged two condos in West Boise was started by an engine that was left running in one of the cars.

The burning car was parked in a carport at a housing complex. Firefighters said the flames jumped from one car to another and to a nearby apartment.

Firefighters said the flames got as high as 10 to 12 feet, and it took them nearly 20 minutes to get control of the fire.
Fire crews responding immediately called for a second alarm due to the size of the blaze.
"We had a pretty good breeze," said Battalion Chief Jim Gross of the Boise Fire Department. "That had a factor in pushing the flames toward the structure. So, given the conditions, it could have been worse but we got it out."

Firefighters said no one was injured.     Smoke affected surrounding condos.
Firefighters helped a 90 year old woman out of her apartment as the car fire spread to her complex.

The burn out fund will take care of temporary lodging for the woman and two others who were displaced by the fire.

The cause has been ruled accidental.
*********************************************
Scary stuff when there is a fire so close to your home and especially when you are out of town.. But, it is a blessing that the fire was not next door and their home is intact.

2 comments:

Midwestern Gone Idahoan said...

That is scary!!! I am glad it wasn't there home!! I feel bad for the other people - hopefully they have insurance!!

Cherie said...

I heard about that on the news. I felt so bad for that poor older woman.
Seems like there are alot of fires right now - there have been more on the news - crazy!
Glad Jason's apt. was not damaged.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin