Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Book Review: "The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner"

I finally finished reading the short story of Bree Tanner on-line. It was great to have free access to this - thanks Stephanie Meyer!

I would never purchase this book - less then 200 pages for $8+ dollars. No way... I don't think I would read it again.

But, I enjoyed reading it. I love all the extra information you receive in addition to the actual books. I keep hoping she will finish Midnight Sun... I hope, I hope, I hope!

All I can say is that poor Bree Tanner had a horrible life as a human and as a vampire.

Victoria is EVIL! But we already knew that. It also gives more "in sight" into what life must have been like for Jasper in making newborn armies.

I wish there was more of a love story between Bree and Diego.

AND Fred - creepy guy -- but interesting. I would have loved to get into his mind - more then just a paragraph. I'm rooting for him and his new life.

I'm sure this book will help all the modifications in the Eclipse movie with the Volture in Seattle - and what liars they are. I thought it was interesting that Bree tried to give Edward the truth in her thoughts.. That was surprising.

Anyway -- we all know the ending for Bree - Soooo not a good ending.

It was weird that they didn't have any chapter breaks and it was just page, after page of a short story. I didn't expect that.

Don't purchase the book - it's not worth it... but DO read it for free on-line- especially if you are a Twilight fan. It's only going to be available for one month - free.

When you get to the on-line book - the "contents tab" breaks it into pages. This helps when you can't read 200 pagers in one sitting. It's easier to find where you left off... just a hint I found out..

Did you read it?? What did you think? I guess, I would have liked more in depth detail or a longer life of Bree and more love story with Diego.. Very sad ending for Diego too... Victoria is evil!

5 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I was at Barnes and Noble yesterday and ALMOST bought it. Glad I didn't.
I'm so hungry for a good book right now!

Have you ever read the Dark Watches series by Lilith Saintcrow?
I haven't but someone told me they were good.
Any suggestions?
Guess I'll go read this one online.

Anonymous said...

Just thought I'd let you know that you spell "comments" wrong.
You have "Coments Welcome" with one M instead of two.

Ann Marie said...

Grateful for your review!
I won't read the book.. I feel satisfied reading your review. Pathetic? I have no time!

I heard that Meyer's books were filled with typos and errors.. and I didn't notice! I usually catch spelling mistakes as well.. but I guess I was just too captivated..

I need to get into the TWilight spirit again.. I have Eclipse tickets.. and it's not as exciting as it used to be. -- Maybe because I was soo disapointed in the last movie.. and I like VD so much...

Ann Marie said...

PS: My friend told me that they are looking at Ian( Damon ) as one of the Romantic leads in The Host.
( I havent read the book.. ) but I am excited nevertheless...

Zoey said...

It was good, but I dislike books without chapter sections. I will not buy it, but I would love to buy the book about Edward's point of view if she ever publishes it.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin