Thursday, May 20, 2010

End of School Year Stress

The end of the school year is coming fast, only a couple of weeks left. That means finals!! Which also equals to major stress and work for Brady.
Every day has been filled with tons of home work and projects. Brady even spent most of the weekend working on homework. This week he had a huge speech / commercial for his Speech class. He wrote it this past weekend, looked at YouTube commercial videos, then found clip art. I purchased props - he did it on Miracle Grow liquid feed. This speech counts as 20% of his grade and he's been pretty stressed about it.

He's been working on memorizing it and having his words and presentation come out smoothly. I have been hearing his speech and him pacing upstairs over and over again. He is a perfectionist - which is lots of stress. He gave his presentation / speech yesterday and it all worked out great. He felt good about it.


ON TOP of the speech, he has had to memorize a poem for his English class - which he is giving today. That is a TON of information to memorize for one week. Poor little guy! 
All the knowledge pouring into his brain has been massive this week.

Needless to say... I've been giving him a free pass on many other obligations he has. I've also left him alone - because he can't even have a conversation with the brain over load. He's needed his own space this week.

I'm really proud of him and his hard work in school. He is doing a great job. This whole year he's maintained a 4.0.... so far this semester his highest class grade is 108% and his lowest is 97% and I hope he will still maintain it over the next couple of weeks - without his brain exploding - LOL!
One thing I have been very thankful for is his talent on the piano. It has been a huge stress reliever this week. He has been playing and playing to relieve his excess stress. I love listening to the music he fills our home with. One small piece of joy in a week full of stress.

Only a few more weeks and then - YEAH! Summer brain break!!

3 comments:

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That sounds like one awesome young man!
What a joy for you.

"GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING BRADY!!!!"

Scrappy Girl said...

I hope it all goes well for him. I always disliked that time of the school year! Great grades though!

Connie said...

You have one good son there! I remember my two oldest sons, sitting at the table with me, almost in tears because we had to do some last minute, catch up so they could graduate! I'm so impressed with Brady!

Hang in there, just a few more weeks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin