Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Planting Garden Seeds

Saturday afternoon, I FINALLY started some seeds in the house. I've been meaning to do this for weeks and weeks, but never got around to it. I started tomatoes, celery and broccoli in these pots.
Then I went outside in the cold day and planted some peas in 4 containers. I like the look of this picture, because it's in a container - so it can be done. I'm happy to have peas planted and hope they are not in too late to produce some peas before it gets to warm.
I also planted some lettuce in a couple of round pots. I planted the head of lettuce style like iceberg lettuce. I've never tried that kind before and am excited to see how it turns out.
I love spring! Time to start working in the yard and growing food to eat.

I hope to get carrots planted by this weekend. I'm ready for the sun to start shining. Hopefully it will return this week.

3 comments:

Zoey said...

Am I too late to plant peas? My, I'd better get on it!

Connie said...

It will be fun to see your garden again this summer. You really have a green thumb!

Valerie said...

We have no garden space in our new house...:( So I've been very intrigued by your container gardening. Maybe I'll have to throw some peas in! :) Nothing better than fresh peas.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin