Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group

Happy Clean Living Facebook Group
Click to Join Happy Clean Living Facebook Group.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

General Conference Ideas

Here is a link to the new conference book from LDS.org. I love giving my Primary children books to work on while watching conference. The book from SugarDoodle was NOT my favorite this year. They had cartoon drawings of the Prophet and Apostles.... I don't like cartoon drawings, I prefer real pictures. I felt like I was going to have to make my own this year. But thankfully LDS.org came out with a easy book with real pictures - hooray!! It's not a book for really small children who can't read or write, but great if they are in school or even a teenager... I think I'll have it by my side too. It looks like a great note taking booklet for all.

Here is the website for SugarDoodle's General Conference page. It has a bunch of great ideas!

I love what my niece Zoey Michelle does with her family during conference time. She is such a great mother and example to those around her. You can find her idea here. You need to read what she does to make General Conference special for her children. Here is a little excerpt from her blog to prepare her kids is:
"The family home evening before the weekend, we always talk about King Benjamin and how the people gathered their families and pitched their tents facing the temple so that they could hear the prophet. We talked about how we don't have to go to the prophet now; we can watch it on TV or the Internet. We also talk about what the prophet might tell us when he speaks to us and what King Benjamin told his people."

Don't forget to give the ladies you visit teach a conference bag: Here is a link to my blog post showing this great idea:

My goal is to prepare myself for a wonderful General conference weekend. It is one of my favorite times all year. This year will be held April 3 and 4th, which is Easter Weekend. I really want to make a memorable weekend focused on the Savior and all that he has done for us, His resurrection and example. I am really looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

7 comments:

Valerie said...

Great ideas, as always!! I will get to work on my visiting teaching bags!

Garden of Egan said...

Great ideas Sondra. We'll be getting better prepared too.

Cherie said...

Sadly my children have all outgrown the activity packets. I've posted them on my blog the last few years but now I will have to wait for the grandkids (wink!).
On the upside, it is a joy to spend Conference weekend with the family and have the kids love to listen and learn so much and be able to have adult conversations about our favorite talks and the things that touched our hearts - Wonderful stuff!!!
I am so looking forward to Conference this year and so happy it falls on Easter Weekend!

Scrappy Girl said...

Hello from Vegas! Enjoy your conference.

Midwestern gone Idahoan said...

Sondra,
WOW!! I love everything you post!! I am excited for conference too!! I will look that up to make the packets!! My children enjoy it more and get more out of it when they have something to work on while they are listening!! Thanks again!!

Zoey said...

I am excited once again for conference. Brandon and I were just discussing plans for 'holiday food'. And, we will be doing another FHE on King Benjamin. It will be loads of fun! Can't wait!

kanishk said...

Great ideas Sondra.
home jobs without registration

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin