Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My Valiant Niece, Autumn

Today is Autumn's 15th Birthday.
Happy Birthday Autumn!

Autumn is the same age as Brady. When they are together they have such a great time. This past summer they were able to attend AFY youth conference at BYU Idaho. Both of these VALIANT children have been a true blessing to their families.

Autumn is the daughter of my little Brother Richard. Richard and I were the babies of our family and my parents became inactive in the church while we were young. We both have struggled with sin and our activity in the church. I honestly never thought he would ever become active again.

Autumn has always been a very valiant daughter of God. She has always wanted to be good and attended church regularly on her own. Two years ago this sweet spirit started praying for her family. She prayed that they would start going to church AND go to the temple and be sealed together forever as an eternal family.

Saturday November 28th, Autumn's prayers were answered. Her family was sealed in the Idaho Falls temple as a forever family. All because one valiant daughter prayed faithfully for her family.

Autumn has the sweetest spirit. I am thankful for her example for her family and for her faith. She knows she is a daughter of God and that if she prayed to Heavenly Father, He would bless her family. Daily I am amazed at the youth and their strong valiant spirits. It's wonderful to have these children part of our family and the blessings that come from their faithfulness.

This is such a great example that Heavenly Father DOES answer faithful prayers. Happy Birthday Autumn!

I loved this quote:
"When I was taught to pray, I learned that I was actually talking to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, through the power of the Holy Ghost...I had been told that I was a son of God, a child of God, and that he was interested in me, that he knew me and knew best what was right for me. We were taught to pray at meals; we were taught to pray in the morning; we were taught to pray at night. And we were taught that our Father in Heaven was the one to whom we were talking. I wonder how many of us know that we are spirit children of God; and when we are praying, whether it's over a meal, beginning or closing of a meeting, or at a baptism or confirmation, or the blessing of the bread and water in the sacrament, that we are actually talking to God. He is there, he hears our prayers, and he blesses us." -President N. Eldon Tanner, "He Is There," Gen. Conf. April 1981 - Ensign, May 1981, p. 50

7 comments:

Zoey said...

Great pictures! I didn't know the story until the temple, and I am so glad that Heavenly Father answered her prayers.

Ann Marie said...

This story had me teary.
What a difference one person can make with alot of prayer and Hope and Faith. I'm sure November 28th was a GREAT day!

I am so happy for both you and Richard.

I commend you for the changes YOU have made.. that have blessed Brady and Jason so much as well. :)

Sacrifice brings forth the greatest blessings!!

Scrappy Girl said...

What a sweet girl! I loved reading this post. I can't recall you saying anything about new Moon and if you liked it or not. Of course that could be because I am trying to block the fact that it is out because I STILL have not seen it...lol. Did you see it yet?

The Garden of Egan said...

That is such a great story and experience!
I love that she had her picture taken where the brides stand!

You are an amazing sister and the influence you have had on this little niece is probably understated.

Great weekend!

Connie said...

This brought tears to my eyes! It's a win-win situation! Good for Autumn to be so valiant and such a good example! She's beautiful!

Autumn said...

Thanks for everything I love you!

Rhonda said...

Thank you for writing this about her it was fun to open your blog and read it. I am so glad you were with us this weekend and we got to spend time together. we love you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin