Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas Decorations

I love decorating my home for holidays and for Christmas I always get carried away. I love the feelings of peace and happiness it brings when our "halls are decked". I love seeing the many nativities around the house as we reflect on our Saviors birth.

Everything is glittery with a bling bling appeal.

The light accents provide a peaceful glow each evening as we light the fire and enjoy our time at home.

My favorite is the Christmas tree. I was excited that Brady helped A LOT this year and it wasn't just a Mom job. Brady was great this year in helping with the decorations. He was filled with the Christmas spirit - Yeah!

Two nativity sets on the piano. Yes...... you will see baby Jesus every where.

In my job I am in lots of houses. I believe only one house out of all my customers put out a nativity set. For me, there is a different feeling in the houses without recognizing the reason for the season - Jesus Christ our Savior and the celebration of his birth.

A large Nativity on the side of the piano and below it is Santa bowing to baby Jesus.

I change pictures on the walls or accent them with Christmas greenery. The Elf, Santa and Reindeer were Christmas presents from Richard and Rhonda - one per year. They cut them out and painted them. They are very cute! Since I don't have a mantel on my fireplace yet - they have to be hung on the side of the rock on the fireplace. (ooooh to dream of a mantel one day).

Here are our advent calendars. Brady didn't put one ornament on the advent Christmas tree. I guess he has out grown it - this year I counted down the advent calendar. One the Santa I put things to do from a church magazine "The Friend" for a count down. I love little extra loving touches these types of count downs bring to the season.

This is the winter scene in my kitchen window. It stays up through January too.

Nutcrackers on top of the fridge. My Primary class loved these.

This is on the end of our island/breakfast bar in the kitchen. I've had that Santa and sled for many many years - before Jason was born and I still love it.

The nativity on my kitchen table.

I put old world Santa's in my plant window with my Snow girl (remember the bride from the temple - yup... I dream about the winter girl).

This is a shelf in my kitchen by the table. I painted all the ornaments on the bottom self... and more Santa's on top of the shelf.

This year I didn't put up my Christmas Village. Maybe next year :-D.

Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

2 comments:

Connie said...

Merry Christmas to you, too! I hope your day was filled with great things. Your home is gorgeous with such beautiful decorations. I love your nativities. I have one that I leave up year round to always remind me of what's important.
Take care.

Zoey said...

I always just love your decorations. We did good just to get the tree up!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin