Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Reflections of Christ photographer Mark Mabry

“My invitation with this book is for people to think about Jesus. To think about His humble life, but then step back and think about the ascended Christ – the resurrected Christ – the one who still watches over us, who pleads for us now and forever. He is amazingly graceful. We do all we can do, but after that, we are completely saved by His grace. He is the source of our salvation.”
-Reflections of Christ photographer Mark Mabry
What if you could have been there the night of Christ's birth? Or the day of His baptism? What would it have been like to sit at His feet while He taught the people — the sinners, the children, the apostles? What would the sky have looked like over Gethsemane?

The life-changing, earth-shaking events that transpired in 3 Nephi are a powerful witness of the Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. This ancient record of Christ’s ministry among his other sheep has been brought to life by photographer Mark Mabry.

From the brilliant coming of the resurrected Lord, to the purity of children encircled by angels, to the reverent bringing forth of the sacred plates by Nephi to the Savior, each of the forty-six photographs will take you back as if you were there among the people of Nephi worshiping the Savior.
I felt transported there. For me it was a realization how the Savior takes time for individuals and not just groups. He truly does love us "one by one".

6 comments:

The Garden of Egan said...

You have done it again.....inspired and uplifted when I needed it...today.

Valerie said...

What a beautiful post. Thanks for helping me think of my Savior and bring the Spirit to my day. Have you heard the song "One by One" by Hilary Weeks that's on the Steady and Sure EFY CD? I LOVE that song. It is about how the Savior blessed people and still does--one by one.

Cherie said...

I very much "Heart" Reflections of Christ!

Ann Marie said...

I love-love all of these videos being made... they are all over Fabebook.. blogs and the net.. They are so inspirational. We were watching a bunch of them sunday at my parents house.. and you need to watch Hollands talk he gave last April on Christ.. Uchdorf's talk on hope.. and the One about Mothers by Julie Beck. GREAT stuff!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad you stopped by....We talked today about trying to make a little video on ribbon...so we are working on it...

Valerie said...

You beat me to my blog before I had the chance to let you know about your award. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin