Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Metric Monsters

My very clever son was given an assignment in one of his classes to make a MONSTER from re-cycled materials. Then he was to measure it using the metric system. Here is what Brady came up with for his Metric Monster.
I saved all sorts of fun materials for him to use .... but he also was keeping things - because he had a design in mind. He's very creative. It's REALLY cute.
The box is a Kleenex box. Teeth and eyes are from a paper plate. The tongue is from a Doritos bag, the crown is from a toilet paper tube. Isn't that clever? He spray painted the box - after trying to cover it with scrapbook paper (which really frustrated him). Spray painting was much easier. And luckily I already had some!
Then he added some arms/hands. Isn't it darling?
Grrrrrrrrrr! I'm gonna eat you! Hissssssss!

9 comments:

Ann Marie said...

Very Creative! :)
Still love his hair! :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sooooo cute! Yup, keep that kiddo around, have him redo your decor....

Michelle said...

I just wanted to say a quick hello & let you know I have been reading your blog, but just haven't had a minute to comment!

Brady is a good sport to let you take all those pictures! (I was laughing too). My oldest always strategicly places his hand in front of his face/the camera! I have to be sneaky or quick!

I enjoy your blog!

Zoey said...

Love it! We are starting on project central too and I don't know if I am going to like it!

CB said...

Brady is such a smarty! That is cute and it makes a good Halloween decoration too!

Small House said...

OH MY GOODNESS...I've missed a lot of posts. You've had a lot going on. 1. WOW...good job on his assignment. I'm way impressed. 2. and how handsome is his new makoever?!!! 3. YOU WON!! YOU WON!!! Congratulations on that. 4.and of course, I loved your Monday post. Thanks for that!
Have a great day.
Sandra

Janice said...

This turned out way awesome. I bet he had fun making it. I must say that is very creative.
Have a great day!!

Connie said...

I think the spray paint was perfect! Love the Dorito Bag tongue!

Scrappy Girl said...

He is creative like his momma. That is so CUTE!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin