Saturday, September 26, 2009

Flat Tire

I had a flat tire today. While driving home from Brady's cross country meet, I hit a pot hole and had a flat tire.

I didn't know it was flat for a while. The car drove fine - it was the noise that tipped me off. Maybe it had just gotten really flat by the time I knew I had a flat tire.

We pulled off to the side of the road and went to look at the tire. Yup, it was flat.

Cherie's son Taylor was with us. Between Brady, Taylor and me ... we were able to change the tire. Yippeeee!

I am always proud of myself when I can do things like that. I am an ULTIMATE woman!!!! Hooray for the single woman who can do it - change a tire - be strong enough to unfasten the bolts.

I did it. I was able to get to Big O to have my tire fixed. I thought while I was there, I would have my two front tires replaced because they needed it and I was going to do it before winter anyway. But, the flat tire - a good back tire - wasn't able to be fixed. The pot hole killed it. It reminds me of the commercial when that pot hole talks to the car and offers it her cell phone with a silly voice. Those darn pot holes.

Anyway.... I ended up with 4 new tire. It's all good... we were safe, we were able to change the tire and I now have four great tires for the winter season.

4 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

Glad you all were safe...4 new tires for winter sounds good. We had to have our tires changed this past winter while we were in Cleveland Ohio for one of Dr. Hubby's conferences...one kept going flat.

Ann Marie said...

I smiled when I saw " I am the Ultimate woman!" oh.. Sondra.. you are.. and I think you need to declare that on your sidebar!

I thought of you today as I watched the recording of the RS session. Sister Thompson's talk had some powerful stuff in it.. and I thought of you and how much you desire to be good and live righteously.. your a good example. :)

Zoey said...

Glad that you had a way to turn lemons into lemonade. You are awesome being able to change a flat tire! You go girl!!!

CB said...

Taylor told me about the flat tire. He said you did just great changing the tire! What a woman!! I am with Ann I think you should declare it loud and proud on your sidebar because heaven knows we all agree!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin