Thursday, August 6, 2009

Thunder and Lightning

Images taken Tuesday night. Courtesy Glen Hush

Today we are having a welcomed relief to all the summer heat, a rain storm. I love rain storms! Especially after a long period really hot temperatures.

The thunder and lightning has been quite spectacular! I love it as long as nobody gets hit or it doesn't cause a wild fire.

I thought the picture above was awesome! This is the City of Boise skyline - and WOW look at all of that lighting! Amazing. I've never seen anything like that and am glad he caught it on film. Being in the right place at the right time and actually catching that in the moment it happened.

Mostly you just see the burst of light and sometimes not even the lightning. But you always hear the thunder (which in Idaho is not a bad sound).

I'm loving the weather today! I love the water the storm is bringing and it's free! Woo Hoo!

6 comments:

Zoey said...

Hey - Robyn and Jason are moving - you need to pray for sun, not rain!!! Just kidding! I'm sure that they will still get here, maybe they'll just be a little wetter!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

We had quite a show at this end of the State too! Raining today and it's beautiful and welcome.

Love your new background.

Connie said...

What an amazing picture! We had thunder and lightning in Utah last night. I love it..especially when the rain comes with it!

CB said...

I am loving this cooler weather and all the storms!! It has been so dang hot it is a welcome relief for a few days!!
Love the picture :D

Scrappy Girl said...

Glad you are getting some much needed rain...I am not a fan of thunder and lightning. I love a summer afternoon thunderstorm that leaves coolness in the air!

Small House said...

Oooooh, your lightning pictures are spectacular. We've been having the same type of weather. It's been a little crazy.

Just catching up on your blog.
Have a great day.
Sandra

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin