Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Friday, February 6, 2009

Temple

This week has been the "fill the Temple" week, and I've tried to fit in time to attend the temple. It's really nice to spend time thinking about heavenly things, and our purpose on this earth and renewing covenants with My Heavenly Father. I always leave the Temple with my spirit lifted and a resolve to live the gospel more fully. I am thankful for the Temple and the blessings it gives to my life and my eternal family.

Pres. HInckley said, "I would hope that we might go to the house of the Lord a little more frequently. . . . In this noisy, bustling, competitive world, what a privilege it is to have a sacred house where we may experience the sanctifying influence of the Spirit of the Lord."
Ensign, Nov. 2004

From Richard H. Winkel: "When you come to the temple you will love your family with a deeper love than you have ever felt before. The temple is about families. . . . It extends to parents, brothers and sisters, aunts, uncles, cousins, forebears, and especially our grandchildren! This is the Spirit of Elijah, which is the spirit of family history work; and when inspired by the Holy Ghost, it prompts the turning of the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to the fathers. Because of the priesthood, husbands and wives are sealed together, children are sealed to their parents for eternity so the family is eternal and will not be separated at death."
Ensign, Nov. 2006

3 comments:

Scrappy Girl said...

You cracked me up yesterday when you left the comment about not realizing I lived on a farm. We started chatting in the fall so I guess you missed alot of the animal pics and stuff from the summer.

We live on a 101 acre farm. We are about 30 minutes from the nearest "Walmart containing" city and 1.25 hours from the "bigger" cities with malls and shopping. We have 11 horses and close to 30 cows. My inlaws live in our rental cottage on the farm and they feed the animals and do odd jobs. My BIL and SIL live in our mobile home on our farm too...however they are pretty "useless." LOL! We live in the main house on the farm.

I will have to take more outside photos soon so you can see. It is really pretty here in the country.

Ann Marie said...

I love the temple too. Love it.

Thanks for all of your thoughts and kind words. We all are feeling better today! I appreciate your councel and friendship..

Hope you have a good weekend.. XO

PS: I have to speak on Saturday Morning at my Mothers Stake Womens Conference on prepardness! I thought I'd let you know, I am going to use 2 quotes from your blog! Thanks for always being so inspiring!

Zoey said...

Hoping to get to IF really soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin