Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Seminary Devotional for Valentine's Day

Today is Brady's Seminary Devotional, here is what he is doing - found from sugardoodle of course!

Valentines Day Weekend is coming up and I thought it would be fun to do a valentines day devotional. I went in my scriptures and searched for "heart", and I found, in Doctrine & Covenants 137:7-9
7 "Thus came the "voice of the Lord unto me, saying: All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God.
8 Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;
9 For I, the Lord will judge all men according to their works, according to the desires of their hearts.

The phrase "desires of their hearts" caught my attention because that is how we will be judged.

In Section 64:22 And after that day, I, the Lord will not hold any guilty that shall go with an open heart up to the land of Zion; for I, the Lord, require the hearts of the children of men.

It is important for us to know the real and continuing war we face daily and that it's for possession of our hearts.

Satan is so subtle in his attacks that we scarcely know when he has won a battle, like when we watch TV instead of reading our scriptures, for it is how we spend our time, and our money, that shows what the desires of our hearts are.
These are Cinnamon rolls found from Gourmet Mom on the Go. Here is the link to her recipe:
I searched high and low for "Red Hot's" in individual packets, however none could be found. I ended up going with Cinnamon Tic Tacs. I then taped the "Cupid Poop" poem around the Tic Tacs. The Cupid Poop poem was found from sugardoodle here.

I've actually found where the bulk "Red Hots" are located - Yea! They can be found in the Winco bulk section by the chocolate chips / baking goods.
Book Markers from Tara Larsen using John 3:16 can be found here:

4 comments:

Zoey said...

WOW! That was a lot of work, but it sounds like it will be an awesome devotional!!!

TLC said...

Oh, I forgot to ask if it was okay to follow. Anywho, these were darling. I loved going to seminary and when my teacher would make us something cute it was always so special.

You put alot of "heart" into it. I'm sure they'll love them!

Ann Marie said...

Once again, the time and work you put into things.. Amazing!

Do you always have sugar cookies at the house? If so.. I want to live next door! :)

CB said...

Way Cute! I think you could start your own Sugardoodle - We will call it "SondraDoodle". LOVE IT!!!

I send people over to your blog when they need good ideas like this or some inspiration (hope that's OK). You are so talented!

We need to get together soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin