Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Seminary Devotional

On to Brady's Seminary devotional for Monday. For his January devotional we decided to go off of the theme for New Year's resolutions. We used one of the talks I posted here:

http://murrayandmathews.blogspot.com/2008/12/motivational-monday-resolutions.html

Which I absolutely loved, and hope it gives these young adults inspiration to set good goals this year. Of course we shortened it to one page.

These are the treats we made. They get a Hershey's chocolate bar, with a "Armor of God" candy bar wrapper. You can get free candy bar wrappers from this link (in case you didn't know):

http://lds.about.com/od/visualmusicalaids/a/bar_wrappers_3.htm. I also made a book marker with the scripture: "And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man" (Luke 2:52)
Here is a better full view of the candy bar wrapper:
And the book markers I made:
I love doing these crafty things! I hope we motivate the children to want to live the way our Heavenly Father and Savior wants us to.

Brady was also set apart as the secretary in the Teacher's Quorum today. They pulled me out of sharing time to attend his class while the Presidency was set apart and received a blessing. I really enjoy these Priesthood blessings, it is a joyous experience.

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having church at 9AM and home by noon. I love having the rest of the day to rest, nap, read, and enjoy the sabbath. It's been a great day!

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Oh my word!
You are such a good/cute teacher!
Tenney would love your class!
You have done so much work.. I hope they appreciate you.
Love the bookmarks and candybars..
I think I want you for a church teacher... :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin