Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Concert

Meridian High School Choirs
present
A CONCERT FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON
December 15, 2008
Jack Brown, Director
New Dimensions Jazz Choir
They sang: "Carol of the Bells" and "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy".
I loved their version of "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy" as they were the band and made the sounds of the instruments - it was amazing.
Concert Choir (Brady is center with the boys - 2nd boy with a tie on (from the left)
They sang, "I saw Three Ships", "Pat-a-Pan" and "Sleigh Ride". It was great!
Filias Concordiae Treble Choir
They sang, "Gaudete! Gaudete!", "Gesu Bambino", A Holly Jolly Christmas. There were quite of few solos and those girls were amazing.
A Capella Choir
They sang, "Christmas Day", I Wonder As I Wander", "Holiday Bells".
Here again there were solos - several boys/men sang solos - sooo very amazing these kids have. I was impressed!
At the end of the show, Mr Brown invited any parent or student attending from any other school to join the choirs to sing, "And the Glory of the Lord, from the Messiah.
It was a great show... It's very interesting the mix of music Jack Brown selects for the students to sing.
I'm always glad to attend these performances... I am glad Brady is in Choir - I don't think he agrees -- Oh well.... At least this year he will sing!! (yes... I am a mean mom!)

1 comment:

CB said...

I miss the choir. My daughter Brittany was in the choirs with Mr. Brown all her years of high school. The concerts were always so good and the trips even more fun.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin