Thursday, November 13, 2008

Rainy Days and Happy Days!

It has been raining this past week. I love rain and am grateful for rain and rainbows. I love how rain cleanses the earth. On rainy days, I love building a fire and reading a book. I am thankful for rain!

Monday, Brady told me he needed to get a hair cut. I was totally shocked! I usually have to beg, plead and demand to convience him to have his hair cut. But now he was asking for one. His hair is pretty thick and he has curls (from me) when it gets long. Jason is the same way and neither of my boys can really have long hair without it looking bushy. On Tuesday when Brady came home from school we went to get a hair cut. We had to go to 2 different shops because the first one was busy. It is always a shock when he gets all of his curly locks cut off. He is just such a cute kid.

Yesterday I received a special package in the mail from my blogging friend, Ann Marie. It made my day – I was giddy – A present for me?? Not a bill in the mail but an actual present?? I tore into the package with excitement! Ahhhhh how fun!! In the package was a beautiful homemade card, a white doily and 5 heavy duty magnets. The 2 metal plates say “Dream and Family” and 3 tiles say “Live, Love Laugh”. I LOVE it! Ann Marie you are such a sweet heart and very talented. Thank you so much for brightening my day!

Last night was Young Men’s Program for Brady. They were playing dodge ball. Brady really HATES playing dodge ball. I wonder when that became a sport. They have stake tournaments for dodge ball. What happened to basketball, baseball or football? I could even handle volleyball or table tennis, soccer.... but throwing a ball at someone with force to get them out?? I just don’t understand this sometimes. Brady called and I came and got him from Y/M because he didn’t want to participate. Sometimes I get a little frustrated at some of the things they do – over all it’s a great program – but some weeks are not uplifting or valuable for him and he comes home instead to finish homework or I try to do something with him. Last night we were lazy – the Disney channel had a show called “The Luck of the Irish” which we watched and it was really cute.

I purchased Twilight tickets yesterday for Sharon and me!! We are set to go to the midnight showing. I am really excited!! Jason is going to stay home with Brady. There is no way I would let him stay home sleeping in the house alone until 2AM. I am much happier that Jason will be home with him. We are set to go – I am excited only 7 more days… Yippieeeeee!

2 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I'm glad you got the little gift!
Your so nice to blog about it..

Glad you got your tickets!!
I so wish I was going to the midnight showing, but I know that there is no way I can stay up that late 2 nights in a row. It's going to be killing me to know that many people have seen it by the time I go!!

Scrappy Girl said...

I love your twilight countdown widget! That is the photo I used on my invites...so romantic!

I would love to be seeing the midnite showing BUT Lil Sis would kill me! LOL!

I will wait til Saturday! You MUST let me know how you like it!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin