Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted Today!! Have you??

As a citizen of the greatest country on this earth, today it is our patriotic opportunity to vote for the President of The United States of America. Thankfully there isn't danger to go to the poll and cast our vote, we will not get bombed, killed or threatened and are free to vote as we want. WE have the freedom to vote for the candidate that we feel will be the best person to lead our nation and state.

Luckily when I arrived at my polling station, there was not a line. I was able to walk right up and cast my vote. Yeah! I have exercised my right to go to the polls and vote. I hope things will go well with this president election. This election has made me very nervous and scared for the future of this great nation.

The only thing I can do to calm my nervous soul is do my duty and vote. The other thing is to prepare my home with food storage, fire wood and have money saved. I have fear and anxiety for the next 4 years. I have tried my best to be optimistic and have hope that my fellow Americans will not be deceived and act responsible as they vote also.

If the wrong (dangerous) man becomes President, then I most likely will hide my head in the sand and not listen to the news for 4 years. I don't think I can bear the bad news which will cause me anxiety and sorrow. I have been hit with so many scary emails, news reports, and discussions about what can happen with the wrong President. I will be glad when today is through.

I pray for the peace and safety that we have all known in our lifetime to continue. I pray for a good economy. I pray that our elected officials will do the right thing. My hope is that our nation will be strong, powerful and a great place to live for our children. It will be an interesting night and I am waiting to see the results. I've done my duty and that's all I can do. I hope you are wise when you go vote - PLEASE VOTE! Your voice is important too. Exercise this great privilege we have by casting your vote today!

I pray that Proposition 8 will pass in California and that we can continue with the religious freedoms we enjoy and the freedom teach our children marriage should be between a Man and a Woman.

May Heavenly Father continue to bless this great nation. May we make the right choice today that will bless our nation!

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

I voted, and I agree!!

Tracy said...

This is the first time that I've felt REALLY uncomfortable with the possible president. But in perspective, I think Prop 8 is more important than the presidency tonight. I voted YES.

Thanks for the snack suggestion!

Sondra said...

It's done. President Obama will lead our nation for the next 4 years with a dominate Democrate House and Senate. I wish the Republicans ruled one of them just for checks and balances. Now with a majority in all of the government, I pray that we won't be sold to the sharks. Currently I am sticking my head in the sand to keep my sanity. I will concentrate on keeping my own family safe and protected with the things we need. I have the restored gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in my life and I know if I do the things I should and prepare I will not fear. Things will be OK and my family will be OK. It's time for me to be optimistic and live the best life I can as an American Citizen AND a Child of God.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin