Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I am Thankful for Firefighters

A couple of weeks ago I blogged about a training session my local firefighters had burning down a house in my neighborhood. There were two houses that were scheduled for demolition in order to build a parking lot. This past weekend our wonderful firefighters were at it again burning down the other house on the lot.

I am thankful for dedicated firefighters. It is comforting to know they will rush to help when in need.

They are always there for any type of emergency. They save lives! What a wonderful profession of service and help these men and women give daily. They do many wonderful things for our community. I can't imagine not having this service provided for us and people willing to do it.

Two years ago my next door neighbors house burned down. It was a very scary situation for me. I quickly grabbed my hose and started hosing down my own house so that it would be protected from the fire. The firefighters came through my back yard and broke down the fence between our homes to fight the fire. If they hadn't been there, I would not have a home today. They saved my home and I am very thankful to them!

This is the lot where the last training exercise went on - now empty with no structure and ready for the new parking lot. I think the biggest shock for me is the missing trees they cut down. It seems so flat and bare. I'm not quite sure how I feel about the new parking lot now. It just doesn't seem like home right now without these houses and trees. I guess I'll have to get used to it. Next they will demolish the building where the new office building will be built. I think it will be cool to watch if they do it when I am home. Hopefully I'll be able to get pictures of it and as the new building goes up.

1 comment:

Mia said...

that you tube video was so cute! thank you for visiting my blog and commenting. I can't wait to check out more of yours. have a great day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin