Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Laundry

As a Mom, there are several chores in life that will never be done. One of those chores happens to be the laundry. It is something that is always on-going and going. However, I have a routine that I put in a load in the morning and move to the dryer when I get home from work, and when it is done I fold, hang up and put away.


One thing that has always haunted me (yup I said haunted) is the sorting of laundry before I actually wash it. To combat that problem, I came up with a quick easy way for me to help be more organized. While shopping at the dollar store, I found these pop up laundry hampers and purchased three of them. One for white, one for colors and one for towels. I have now trained my children to sort their dirty clothes in the hampers. Now I can see at a glance when I need to do a load of laundry.

As you can see by this picture, I need to do a load of towels.

My laundry room or cove is a closet in the hallway. Right across from the bathroom. That makes it very convenient to put your dirty clothes and towels right in the hampers after a shower.

I had closet doors on it, but they were such a hassle to work with that I took them down and replaced them with curtains. Purple curtains because my wall paint has a purple tint to it, as you can see by the photo's in my home: http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=1454704239804658758&postID=5583879911445035421

My hampers are located at the front of my washer and dryer. This is the best way I can utilize every inch of space in the small laundry room I have. I also can glance at them quickly to determine when I need to throw in a load of laundry. With my busy life, this system makes this never ending chore easier for me to keep up with. I hope these tips make this job easier for you too.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

We have alot of the same laundry methods!! So fun to make it easier and more organized! Love it..

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin