Monday, September 15, 2008

Recipe for Chicken Roll Ups

Chicken Roll Ups Ingredients
2 cans of crescent rolls (8 rolls each)
8 oz. cream cheese
bread crumbs
butter/margarine
1 whole chicken, cooked (I use about 4 chicken breasts or 10 chicken tenders as show above, fully cooked)
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 cup milk


Cut chcken into small pieces. Cook chicken with cream cheese until creamy and warm.


Spread out rolls. Add 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture on each roll. Fold over and seal rolls.


Roll in melted butter and then bread crumbs. Place on cookie sheet.

My side note on bread crumbs: Instead of buying bread crumbs, I buy stuffing bread and throw away the seasoning packet. I put the cubes of bread in a plastic container and when I need bread crumbs, I place in a plastic bag and crush with my meat tenderizing mallet. I found that I use bread crumbs rarely and they went bad. This technique keeps my bread crumbs fresher longer.


Bake for 375 degrees for 30 minutes. Mix soup and milk together and warm in sauce pan. Serve soup over the top of the roll ups.

Yum!

1 comment:

Zoey said...

I love all of your pictures to go along with the step by step! This one sounds familar (wink, wink)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin