Copyright

Copyright © 2008 Happy Clean Living

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

President Monson, Put homes in Order

I just read a great article from President Monson. Here is the link: http://www.deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,700258982,00.html?pg=1

It was a very good article. This is the last paragraph of the article which sums it up really well.

"This, then, is your building project, brothers and sisters, to organize yourselves, prepare every needful thing, and to establish a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God."

Always a good reminder to us all of what really is important. Brady and I are very good at praying morning and night and reading the scriptures every week day morning. We do get out of our routine on the weekends. We'll have to work harder on that.

To make our home "a house of God" is the challenge. Acknowledge Heavenly Father in all things. Make a home where his spirit can dwell. I know when we are doing the things we are suppose to do, life seems more peaceful, calm and we are happier. I know that Brady does well in school because we read the scriptures and gain power from that each day. One of my favorite songs is a LDS Primary song called "Scripture Power". Here it is:

Because I want to be like the Savior, and I can, I'm reading His instructions, I'm following His plan. Because I want the power His words will give to me, I'm changing how I live, I'm changing what I'll be. Scripture power keeps me safe from sin. Scripture power is the power to win. Scripture power! Every day I need The power that I get each time I read.

I'll find the sword of truth in each scipture that I learn. I'll take the shield of faith from these pages that I turn. I'll wear each vital part of the armor of the Lord, and fight my daily battles, and win a great reward. Scripture power keeps me safe from sin. Scripture power is the power to win. Scripture power! Every day I need The power that I get each time I read.

I want peace and calmness in my life. Not to fear what is coming or what is happening in the world today. I know when we do the things we should and are prepare - we will not fear.

1 comment:

Ann Marie said...

Hi-
I read this article in the newspaper this weekend.. I loved it as well. I am really looking forward for some inspiration in October at Conference.

Thanks for your nice comments on my blog. It looks like we have alot in commen! :) The blog world is so fun..
My blog is pretty boring, but your welcome to come back anytime!
~ Ann Marie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin